Hello and welcome to my blog post about my new computer that i bought in early 2015. This blog post was moved over from my earlier ‘Google Blogger’ page that i don’t use as my main blog anylonger.
I have decided to upgrade my old computer to something much better, newer and to something smaller in a Mini-ITX format. I will be writing about it under here. The main reason i decided to go for a Mini-ITX build this time is to be able to take it with me when i’m traveling to my friends and family and at the same time have it as my main computer at home. And it’s to save some space on my computer desk.
The computer case is only 331 mm (Height) x 208 mm (Width) x 233 mm (Depth) in size, so i can fit it into the most smaller hand baggages.
I have somewhat figured out what my computer is going to be called this time. The name will be ‘Dark Nova’. But i might change the name in the future if i find a better suited name for the computer. If you have a tips or an idea on what i can call it, then just leave me a comment on the end of this page.
Here you can see 13 pictures in a slide of how my new computer looks like. Press the ‘pause’ button if you want the slides to stop switching pictures. You can also press the ‘forward’ or ‘backward’ button to slide between all of the pictures.
The computer looks great doesn’t it?
Here is the full specification on my new computer.
- Computer Case: Rosewill Legacy U2-B-Window Black (Jonsbo U2).
- Motherboard: ASUS Maximux VII Impact.
- PSU: Corsair HX750 Modular.
- CPU: Intel Core i5-4690k.
- CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 Liquid Cooler.
- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 Mini ITX OC 8GB. (The pictures that shows the GPU shows my old ASUS GTX 970 Mini GPU that i don’t have anylonger).
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz (2X4GB) CL9.
- SSD: Corsair Force Series F120, 120 GB, 2.5 inch, S-ATA II.
- HDD: Western Digital Black 3 TB 64 MB Cache S-ATA III.
- Keyboard: Logitech Bluetooth Illuminated Keyboard K810.
- Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Wireless Mobile Mouse.
- Mousepad: Corsair Gaming MM200 Small Cloth Gaming Mouse Mat.
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Norwegian (64-Bit).
- Screen (For traveling to): Dell Professional P2214H.
- Studio Speakers: Audio Pro Addon T12 (Black).
- Headphone: Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H7 (Wired & Wireless).
As you can see, it’s pretty up-to-date with the new Motherboard, Processor, Graphic Card, Power Supply and so on.
I updated my 2x 1 TB normal harddrives to one 3 TB harddrive (in mid March 2015) as my plan is to only use one normal harddrive in my computer to save weight and space. That harddrive will not be placed under the Graphic Card, but on the front on the inside of the computer case.
I will also upgrade my SSD to a Samsung 960 PRO 512GB PCIe NVMe – M.2 Internal SSD later (or something better) as i can use one directly on the motherboard and will also upgrade my memory to a faster DDR3 2400 MHz CAS10 RAM with 16 GB of memory from Corsair later.
And here is a list on what i’m gonna upgrade on / to the computer later.
- SSD: Samsung 960 PRO 512GB PCIe NVMe – M.2 Internal SSD (i can use one M.2 SSD directly on the Asus motherboard).
- RAM: Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 2400MHz CAS10.
- CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H80i v2 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler.
- Mousepad: Corsair Gaming MM600 Dual Sided Aluminum Gaming Mouse Pad
Under here i will write down my benchmark scores in different benchmark applications to show how powerfull this little beast is.
Benchmark scores will come soon…..